Since 2007, the Muslim Bar Association of Southern California has created a budding community of Muslim legal advocates and practitioners. And the best is yet to come.
Recognizing the unique needs and interests of Muslim attorneys, as well as the special role that Muslim attorneys can play in the many communities of Southern California, a group of lawyers established MBASC in 2007. The objectives of this non-profit professional association are:
- To organize and represent Muslim attorneys in Southern California area and to advance the goals, needs and interests thereof;
- To improve the position of the Muslim community at large by addressing issues affecting the local and national Muslim population, educating the local and national community about matters affecting the Muslim community, advancing and protecting the rights of Muslims in America, and creating an environment that helps guarantee the full, fair and equal representation of Muslims in American society;
- To facilitate communication and the sharing of resources among Muslim attorneys, promote education on issues relevant to Muslim attorneys, and take all other steps necessary to further the professional development of Muslim attorneys in Southern California;
- To promote Muslim participation in American executive, legislative, and judicial decision-making processes;
- To encourage entry into the legal profession for Muslim men and women; and
- To assist law student Members in the furtherance of their legal careers and in their continued involvement in this Association.